With the summer drawing to a close and the hangover of gin filled evenings beginning to take effect, many of us will be feeling like perhaps we’ve over indulged throughout the lighter months and looking to take a break from alcohol. However with the choice of booze free beverages leaving little to the imagination, abstinence can end up being somewhat difficult. Step forward Bax Botanics!
Independently run in North Yorkshire, Bax Botanics produces alcohol free spirits that, enjoyed with a traditional mixer can be the perfect alternative to alcohol. Distilled in craftsman made copper stills – just the same way as gin, these mouth watering spirits are made using organic herbs sustainably farmed from Fairtrade farmers. Adding to the company’s eco credentials, Bax bottle labels are printed on environmentally friendly sugar cane waste with recycled cardboard and clever box design eliminating the need for extra packaging materials.
Our business is born of a love of flavours gained through 15 years of teaching foraging and preserving.
Bax currently produces 2 spirit flavours at the distillery, Sea Buckthorn and Verbena, with each creating its own unique taste.
• ‘Sea Buckthorn’ is a distillation of fragrant herbs and botanicals - Citrussy Seville oranges, Mediterranean herbs and subtle, warm, buttery baking. The blend is relaxed and luxurious.
‘Verbena’ is a distillation of light, bright herbs and botanicals – Lemon Verbena and hints of menthol, make this blend stimulating, appetising and fresh.
With no sugar, no sweeteners (there’s just half a calorie in each 50ml serving) and completely allergen free, these spirits are perfect for diabetics and suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
We created the drinks to fulfil a need for adult drinks that are not sweet but are a sophisticated treat.
• Great for the growing number of people who want to stay focussed, alert and at their best!
• An excellent treat for the non-drinker when friends are drinking alcohol.
• Perfect those who need to drive or as a pacing drink.
• Great for the health conscious and pregnant ladies also those who have children.
Rose Bax - Bax Botanics
The Velda - The Perfect Non Alcoholic Cocktail
Named by Chris Bax to sound like an ethereal, sprite of the hedgerows – born from Verbena and Elder. Hedgerow foraging in a glass: the flavour of Elderflower, spring herbs and fresh apple combine with the light bitter notes of Mediterranean tonic.
• 50ml Bax Botanics Verbena
• 5ml Monin Green Apple Syrup
• 5ml Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
• 150ml Fever-Tree Mediterranean tonic
• Ice and a straw
• Edible flowers to garnish
Mix the ingredients together in a tall glass and top up with ice. Garnish with edible flowers or a slice of apple. Elderflowers would be lovely a lovely alternative during the summer months.
Bax Botanics can be found in Booth’s,The Craft Bottle Shop and online.
For more information about Bax Botanics please visit www.baxbotanics.com
NOTE: Bax Botanics will be exhibiting at The Capsule Beauty & Wellness Event on Thursday 5th Sept in Leeds. For more information please visit www.thecapsule.co.uk/events.